1.11M Members

Port number, ip address, computer name

hi everyone,

I am currently using windows 98 and want to find out what the port number and computer name and ip address for my computer is. Is there a way or a file i can go to get the answers to my above questions.
My e-mail is freesoft_2000@yahoo.com

Any amount of help is deeply appreciated.

Thank You

Yours Sincerely

Richard West

Right click mycomputer/properties will give you most info about your computer or control panel, system icon .not sure what port # you are refering to.
Ip address .type winipconfg in start/run i think will work ,I haven't used win98 for a couple of yrs now .

Ip address .type winipconfg in start/run i think will work ,I haven't used win98 for a couple of yrs now .

"winipcfg" is the correct spelling, but yes- that will give you all of your IP configuration info.

In terms of your question about the port #, you would have to clarify that by giving us more specific information. Network applications and/or services all use different ports, but that info isn't anything you usually have to configure or worry about.

port nos. vary depeding on the protocol using them.

in command prompt u can run "netstat -a" to see what protocols are running,their port nos. their conn. status etc.

hi everyone,
What i am doing is writing a simple socket program using c++ to connect to another pc. The socket properties requires a port number and computer name to connect to that particular pc. Thus this what i am trying to find out is how to get the other pc's port number and computer name

Thank You

Yours Sincerely

Richard West

The port you connect to will depend on the protocol you are using to communicate and what service you expect to have listening for a connection on the machine you're connecting to. The official list of port assignments can be found here:

http://www.iana.org/assignments/port-numbers

hi,
what i want to know is to find out the source "Port Number" of a known IP Address. I am not talking about my own IP address.
thank u
madeolu

*bleep* this crappy website i want to know how to find people ip address and port number *bleep* this *bleep* website

*bleep* this crappy website i want to know how to find people ip address and port number *bleep* this *bleep* website

AH, did your mommy give a beating on you bottom today and your all mad ,get a life

You
This article has been dead for over six months: Start a new discussion instead
View similar articles that have also been tagged: