Dysall75 0 Newbie Poster

Javascript Problems On Win98

I am running Win98 and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 SP1. Recently, I am having a problem with Java and my search window. Whenever I click search, nothing comes up on the search panel. I have not changed any of my setting in IE, but it will not run any pages with Javascript such as games, selection bars, etc. I installed the latest Java plugin, but it is still the same. I even tried to like Carey Holzman suggested and install J2SE v 1.3.1_12 but that didn't help. I also went to http://www.java.com and downloaded Java 2 Runtime Environment, SE v1.4.2_04 and Java 2 Runtime Environment, SE v1.4.2_05 but none of these downloads are helping me.

It is more than 1 page or site this is happening on, so I do not know what to do now. All I get is a broken link (a box with a square, triangle and a circle in it.) I also get this whenever I go to My Computer, View, and select as Web Page (and any other file that I go and select as Web Page under View). Can you please help me?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.