Hi, I'm using windows xp proffesional, and I'm wondering what I have to do to get my settings in the way that the views allways is shown in the list mode in the windows explorer.
Because now I have to change the views in every directory and it takes way to much time.
Someone please help me.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

I can't find that apply to all folders.
And the stuff that was writen on the link you gave, I coulden't understand much of it.
But thanks any way:D

I'm not sure but I think in XP Pro you have to go to tools-folder options-view, then scroll down to the checkbox that says remember each folder's settings.

I'm not sure but I think in XP Pro you have to go to tools-folder options-view, then scroll down to the checkbox that says remember each folder's settings.

Dosen't help I have already done this.
And to you as well thanks for trying to help.

please explane a little better just what it is you are trying to do !!

OK, I found the apply to all folders button, but it's gray all the time so you can't click on it.
And I would like the views in the windows explorer to be in the list mode in every folder just by changing the settings once.
But now I have to change the view settings in every folder one at a time.
I know windows remebers the view mode in a folder once change it to list mode but I'm creating many folders a day, and it takes so much time to change them one at a time.
I know my english isin't the best possible but hope you understand.

your english is fine ,me slow! LOL
In windows explore i just did what you want to do ,what we need to figure out is why yours is greyed out .have you tried to make these changes in safe mode ,boot computer ,pressing f8 choose safe mode ,and see if its greayed out

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.