the monitor flashes colours after the computer shuts down and clues please leslan

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Looks like your monitor is going into a test cycle. But you haven't provided much by way of description so I'm guessing.

Looks like your monitor is going into a test cycle. But you haven't provided much by way of description so I'm guessing.

firstly when the computer is shut down, the monitor then starts off yellow screen>blue>red> etc this continues about every second until monitor is turned off. i had been working on the computer removing spyware. its not my machine so not sure at what point this started. but it had started prior to me being called. regards leslan

I hope there are better experts on this particular subject than me to help you solve this. It does look like your graphics driver is sending a rogue command to the monitor.

It'd be some trojan that could get into your graphics driver but I wouldn't rule it out. So reinstalling your graphics drivers strikes me as a good idea.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.