Hello,

Since yesterday Firefox has ceased opening on my computer. If it does eventually open the page says, "not responding". I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and the same thing happened. Today I uninstalled it and installed an older version of Firefox and the same thing happened again. My computer runs Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1. Firefox has been on this computer for two years without any problems.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

You can either delete your current Firefox profile and then create a new one, or completely remove Firefox and reinstall it.

-- Uninstall Firefox
-- Delete the following folders:
Program Files\Mozilla
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Mozilla
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Mozilla
and/or
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla

Then, reinstall the latest Firefox. (you'll need to completely re-configure all your previous settings/preferences add-ons etc...)

Maybe somebody else will have a better solution?

Cheers :)
PP

I keep both FF & IE on my computers to cross-check issues if one or the other fails.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Mozilla/Firefox about five times. I guess the last time was the charm. It's been working fine now. Thanks to the people who responded to my problem.

Thanks to the people who responded to my problem.

Happy to see you got it sorted out! :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.