1.11M Members

dell laptop turning off after a while

i have a dell vostro 1540 laptop windows 7 home edition.
for the first time it turned off after 2 3 hours of working..this happened 4 or 5 times again...i thought it was virus and wanted to re-install windows..but i couldn't because the time of turning off had been shorter that couldn't even start windows...i searched for this problem and found that i should reset my hard...when i did that it have been fixed for a day..but after that the problem came back...i didn't know if it is virus or software problem or hardware problem ..i don't know .....

It could be that the hardware is overheating. Do you hear that fans moving properly? can you open the computer to verify that you dont have a fan partially spinning or some other obstruction? It could also be that the heat sink over the CPU is full of dust, not seated well, etc..

How old your machine ? if more than a couple of year or more, probably it caused by dust in the cooling system. Be sure your laptop being serviced every one or two year usage.

Be sure your laptop being serviced every one or two year usage.

i agree with this but i would shorten it to 6 mnt to 1 year ,depending on the dust in you home

You
This article has been dead for over six months: Start a new discussion instead
Tags Related to this Article