I connect my internet portable with my old wireless router and it works giving out wireless internet signal but like public network so I try to set a WEP key to keep my network security but after that it screws up now I saw the signals from wireless router but no connect internet.I try reset router by reset back to factory and put in reset button still not work,can somebody knows what happen and help me out.Thank you so much

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hello and welcome to Daniweb!

Didn't really understand that, sounds like you've tried setting up WEP encryption on your laptop and your router.

To use WEP or any form of router based encryption you'll need not only to enter the key into the router but also into your laptop.

Without the key in your laptop; it'll either not connect, or connect with problems - usually not internet or it says connected but it really isn't.

Which make and model router do you have? And what OS are you using sorry?

Dazza :cool:

Thank you for your reply,my router is Speedstream 6300 used to use with Bell service now I want to use with Rogers 's internet portable ,when the 1st time connect,it works very well but no security like public network,I try to set WEP key for it .But before I did set WEP with my old network maybe have to erase the the old one and set another one,so I think that's my mistake and now with the new WEP key the router still work giving out good signal but my laptop can get signal but when browse web it says no connect to internet.That's so weird and I am so piss,if you need more info please let me know.I call internet provider they say that 's not their router so they cannot help.

Ok; so you've tried deleting any current networks and performing a hard reset on your router? Which I believe is made by Siemens??

Dazza :cool:

yah,that's right.Do you think I have to log in Siemens web to try to find original code or something?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.