Hi,

first of all, i m sorry that i have already posted one similar thread which i can't seem to be able to delete. can any one please tell me as how to delete a thread if its irrelevant.

i have two pcs both having fedora core 5 linux. both are single boot systems ie only linux on them no windows. none of them is gonna be connected to the internet. so this is just a small home network. only the 2 pcs talking to each other only. no more pcs are gonna be added to this network as well. i have one crossover cable to connect these 2 pcs. don't have a router/switch. i want to share files between them. how do i do so? need to use nfs? struggling to get hold of any decent tutorials/step by step guides- on the net particularly with regard to fedora 5. please guide me. thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

i want to share files between them. how do i do so? need to use nfs?

It's relatively easy to share files on Linux. You can do it many different ways. For example, you could set up an SSH server, and then you could transfer files via SFTP (very similar to FTP). Or, you could install Samba and share over SMB. NFS is probaby the easiest to use, so maybe you should try that. Hopefully this documentation isn't too difficult for you:

http://ou800doc.caldera.com/en/NET_nfs/CONTENTS.html

Hi,

first of all, i m sorry that i have already posted one similar thread which i can't seem to be able to delete. can any one please tell me as how to delete a thread if its irrelevant.

Once another member has replied to a thread (as seems to be the case in your other thread), only a moderator can delete that thread. I've deleted the thread for you. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.