Hi

I have just bought a crossover cable to connect my brothers and my own computers together, to play games across.

I dont think that my network card is working. i went into the command prompt and typed "ipconfig" and it says.

Windows IP configuration

ethernet wireless (i think)

"media stae......: media discconected"

can anbody help, i have been able to play games from my laptop to my brotheres computer using a crossover cable before.

thanks

Jsmes

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

go into control panel >network connection, and tell us if you have a ethernet connection. if it's not listed, go to system properties and see if any devices name ethernet controller has a red x, yellow question mark or yellow spot with an exclamation ! sign.

Hi there no ethere net in network connections just wireless and a 1394.

I've been into "devices" in "system", and there is no ethernet listed under network adaptors, but it says "ethernet controller" under "other devices" with a question mark and !.

thanks

Member Avatar for thunderstorm98

Then check the status by Double-clicking on it. If Windows says no drivers installed for this device then you must need to install the appropriate drivers for that device.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.