I am quite confuse about the relationship between Internet and world wide web...actually which one is subset? Is it world wide web? So, how is world wide web link to internet? I'm noob, so i should learn from u all, senior pls help..thanks..

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

they're are the same now. used to be different concepts in the 80s-90s, but no longer.

if you want to know the history, read the wiki

There is a difference ... quite a big one

The Internet and the Web are two separate but related things.

The Internet is a worldwide network that connects millions of computers together to form a global network.
Any computer can communicate with any other computer as long as they are both connected to the Internet.
Information that travels over the Internet does so via a variety of languages. These are known as protocols.

The Internet is used for e-mail, Usenet news groups, instant messaging and FTP.

The web is just a part of the internet it is a way of accessing information over the medium of the Internet.
It is an information-sharing model that is built on top of the Internet.
The web uses HTTP protocol, this is just one of the languages spoken over the internet to transmit data.
Web services which use HTTP to allow applications to communicate. It utilises browsers to access web pages.

Just done a presntation for a college assignment thats were the info is from

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.