I have Dell inspiron with xp home loaded. I was using Netgear PC card for wireless. The netgear net adapter adopted some problem and I had to reinstall the same. But during the uninstalling process, it stuck somewhere and now I am unable to remove the software. I went through add remove programs, even tried to delete the same through regedit but to no avail. The result is I am unable to uninstall net adapter nor do fresh installation. TGhen I tried reinstalling windows xp and even after that the situation is same. I tried to format C drive but it says since some files are there, drive c cannot be formated. In the above circumstances what do I do to uninstal and reinstal netgear wireless care.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Have you tried removing entries for the offending program in Safe Mode ?

Have you tried removing entries for the offending program in Safe Mode ?

how to bring the laptop to safe mode? I am not very conversant with laptops. So please help.

To start up in Safe Mode press F8 as soon
as POST is finished,(just before Windows starts).
This can take some practice - so don't worry if it doesn't work first time.

Thanks. I learnt a new thing today. But in safe mode also i am not able to remove the software. now what to do? Please help..

Have you tried uninstalling the card using the Device Manager.-and then re-installing.?
R-click My computer
Properties
Hardware
Device Manager
Network Adapters
Netgear Adapter -uninstall
Restart
Reinstall software if necssary

thanks.. But I have already tried that and though after uninstallation the device manager did not show net work adapter, but add/remove programs in control panel still showed the software. In the above circumstances, whatever little knowledge I have, feel that only by formating drive C I will be able to remove that software. But with Dell's preinstalled window software, formating is denied even though I use dos commands. Please tell me a way out.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.