I recently installed a dell 3100cn laser jet printer on a network off of my main server windows 2003/os xp. However over the long weekend we had some power surges and am unable to connect. The printer says ready, and I can ping it. It just will not print anything. When I came in this today my servers were turned off

I tried turning turning the printer on and off, and unplugging the network cable, but no luck. The printer is acting like a server, it is not connected to a pc.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

put the ip address in a browser does it bring up the admin page?

is the printer fixed address or dhcp? if fixed, check subnet mask. also check port in server/control panel/printers.

Turn everything off using the proper shutdown sequence. Then bring everything up in the order dictated by the instructions on your switch or router.

Often a lightning storm causes settings in some component to become garbled. Rebooting everything restores the settings.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.