Hello,
Please help me. I have Windows XP Home Edition w/ SP2. I'm using SBC Yahoo! DSL with a SpeedStream 5100 modem. And I am using a Lynksis Cable/DSL EtherFast router. All the lights are on the way they are supposed to be. I've scaned with both Adaware Proffessional and Spybot. This mostly happens on the client computer. But it does happen on both. To get back online, I have to load and exit the Internet Explore (IE6) a few times, until it goes on. This can get very annoying. Please help ASAP.

P.S. I don't think it is a DNS problem, because I have already received the DNS addresses from my ISP. But it might be, I'm not the expert. Also, when replying, you do not need to use noobie computer language, I understand most of it all.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

If its a connection through Windows connections, could it be, Control pannel - Network Connections - Properties of your network connection, (ie. SBC Yahoo) - Options tab - Idle time before hanging up.

From what you've said I assume its more complex than this, but may be worth checking :)

I had the same problem and fixed it with these steps:
1. Go to Start > Control Panel > Network Connections
There should be icons including a wireless internet connection (e.g., mine is called Wireless Network Connections.
2. Right-click "Wireless Network Connections > Properties.
3. A window should pop up. In the top right, there should be a button called "Configure".
4. Click Configure > Power Management tab > Uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power > OK

The problem should be solved. Essentially, I think your computer shuts off the connection after being idle for a while. With this, you should be able to let it idle, and it won't sever the wireless connection.

I hope that helps!

why i lose a internet broser and when i restart my pc i get net why like happen

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.