i have tried and tried to get my printer to work from my laptop but fail each time. Both are sharing, but my laptop does not see my printer. I have a linksys wrt54 gl wireles router with a desk top dell unit and a canon printer hooked to the dell. I have read and read and tried and tried to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.
Crossworx

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

what is is your laptop running? If it is vista, you will have a hard time seeing it on the desktop if the desktop is running xp. The reason for this is because vista is not backwards compatible. The only way I could get my vista to use a shared printer is by installing a third party software. The software was network magic. Does the printer have wireless printing capabilities? If so install the drivers needed and print that way.

desk top and laptop are XP and printer does not have wireless ability. What is strange it used to work a year or so ago.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.