I am running Novell 6.5 I used inetcfg.nlm to change my netmask to expand our network addresses (we use a filter to provide DHCP service). The netmask change would not work. So I reinitialized and did a cold reboot, now workstations could not connect. I changed the frame to 802.3 for the network board in the server (which is what our workstations all use), rebooted and we were connected. HOWEVER every min an error message appears on the server from either RIP or SAP router that the Network Node 00A0c9cf907 claims network address B65BBF9C should be 00000001.

I know there is a conflict but how do I chase something down and cut it off?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Your RIP and SAP are not set correctly. To be honest I would migrate to a pure IP network and get off the the IPX but that is your call. To fix the issue load the IPXCON.nlm or tcpcon.nlm and change the RIP and SAP from B65BBF9C to 00000001 or what ever it says it should be.

I am running Novell 6.5 I used inetcfg.nlm to change my netmask to expand our network addresses (we use a filter to provide DHCP service). The netmask change would not work. So I reinitialized and did a cold reboot, now workstations could not connect. I changed the frame to 802.3 for the network board in the server (which is what our workstations all use), rebooted and we were connected. HOWEVER every min an error message appears on the server from either RIP or SAP router that the Network Node 00A0c9cf907 claims network address B65BBF9C should be 00000001.

I know there is a conflict but how do I chase something down and cut it off?

Thanks you were right. Both servers needed the same number. Thanks. Netware 4 will soon be gone and we'll be a pure IP.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.