ive recently got a bt voyager 2110 router and voyager 1040 pci card but am having trouble setting it up, i get as far as setting it up and installing it, but when i have to load the page voyager.home i get the prompt that i dont have an internet connection and i can either work offline or try again, it makes sence that i dont have an internet connection because thats what im trying to set up but i would have thought that the page would load offline but it wont. Anyone got any ideas, thanks in advance

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Read your documentation carefully. Wireless routers need to be configured by a machine that is directly connected to it (with a CAT5/network cable).

Read your documentation carefully. Wireless routers need to be configured by a machine that is directly connected to it (with a CAT5/network cable).

So i should set it up with an ethernet cable as i wired connection first, is that what your saying?

Exactly. You cannot do the initial setup on a wireless router using a wireless connection. On that subject, you should never change router configuration settings using a wireless connection since you run a risk of kicking yourself off of the router.

Exactly. You cannot do the initial setup on a wireless router using a wireless connection. On that subject, you should never change router configuration settings using a wireless connection since you run a risk of kicking yourself off of the router.

ok thanks alot, ill try that out over the weekend

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.