any of you guys use ATAs for analog phone lines ?

i use to have an PAP2T Linksys Cisco, whish was working fine and still is, but i wanted to test a SPA2102 from the same company, but i'm having some glitches.

Basic setup: WAN to SPA2102(2 lines hooked) to LAN (3 computers)

1- Doesn't dial right away even thu it's the same dial plan and i've double check if all my S0 was there. Any hints on that one ?

2- The LAN is very slow and at some times it just crash, i didn't change anything from the company setting to restrict bandwidth. Should i set a DMZ on the IP LAN so the traffic would run more smoothly ?

So i've put my old PAP2T up and running until i know what i do wrong with this guy here.

thx guys

Dark

LOL !

Never mind, i brought the ATA at my job and it's working great. Instant registration, instant dial and no bottle neck effect from the LAN side.

What happen is that i have a very crappy ISP which the bandwidth was waving very badly. Hey! never install an ATA on a radio frequency or satellite network.

unstable network, unstable voip lines.

Dark

any of you guys use ATAs for analog phone lines ?

i use to have an PAP2T Linksys Cisco, whish was working fine and still is, but i wanted to test a SPA2102 from the same company, but i'm having some glitches.

Basic setup: WAN to SPA2102(2 lines hooked) to LAN (3 computers)

1- Doesn't dial right away even thu it's the same dial plan and i've double check if all my S0 was there. Any hints on that one ?

2- The LAN is very slow and at some times it just crash, i didn't change anything from the company setting to restrict bandwidth. Should i set a DMZ on the IP LAN so the traffic would run more smoothly ?

So i've put my old PAP2T up and running until i know what i do wrong with this guy here.

thx guys

Dark

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.