i want to know more on how to compose a project on network performance in my school

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

You havent given much information at all to help you. Network performance is a very broad discussion point.

As Senior Systems Engineer responsible for performance engineering at our numerous world-wide data centers I have a little expertise in this domain. The first thing you need to do is to determine what performance metrics are applicable for you. The next thing is to capture that performance data in a time-series database for analysis. Then you will be able to apply good mathematical and engineering principals to analyze that data. Trends are what are most important, as they will help identify switches and NICs (network adapters) that are starting to fail - dropped packets, queue length, latency, etc are all important factors to measure on a continuous basis, especially at times of high network utilization.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.