haribo_harris 0 Newbie Poster

Hi guys,

Back again.

Having a complete mare with my internet now that I've got the PC working.

INFO
I've bought a LINKSYS wireless-g router and also a LINKSYS Speedboaoster so that my partner can be in the internet in his room and I can still access the internet from my laptop (which has a CISCO Systems card installed).

Initially, when I ran all the products together they worked fairly well. However, after realising that my Windows XP was not genuine I installed a new copy of both PC and laptop. Since this time only one person can connect to the internet at one time and it has to be through the LINKSYS Speedbooster.

Basically, I've loaded all the info onto the PC and created a secure connection to the internet. I've also copied down all the numbers/secureity codes onto the laptop (as I hoped that this would allow me to access the internet through my PC).

My laptop adaptor card is seeing the network, but it won't let me hop on.

I'm not hot on networking, so wondered if it was a networking problem. As a result, I then started running various networking wizards, none of which are doing the trick.

Can someone please help me as I dont want to have to log of and unplug the LINKSYS adaptor when I don't have too, also I've paid for a CISCO card, which doesn't seem to be working.