i am trying to get 2 systems to talk. i want to use the printer on the computer down stairs(the win98 PC) from my main system upstairs and laptop(win2000 systesm)
i have a D-link 614+ router, if that means anything. i have my network named 'home'
what do i have to do to get this working. i had it working with 2 win98 PC's a while ago but i forget how i did it. do i need any new programs for the win98 system?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

There is a network setup wizard in W2000 that enables small network bridging. This will also give you the option to create a install floppy to install the network on any non-2000 or xp machines. (did I say floppy?, what the hell is that?)

You just need to connect the two PCs with a twist wire and install NIC's driver in both .Then make the two with the same ip address subnet

i am trying to get 2 systems to talk. i want to use the printer on the computer down stairs(the win98 PC) from my main system upstairs and laptop(win2000 systesm)
i have a D-link 614+ router, if that means anything. i have my network named 'home'
what do i have to do to get this working. i had it working with 2 win98 PC's a while ago but i forget how i did it. do i need any new programs for the win98 system?

Try this link for help http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=2T9JXMDPTG&isbn=0072193115&itm=3

P.S. Nice name. Although, I think you should name your network slobbercock486.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.