I want to connect 3 or more devices with one adminstrator device (PC) by using router for the network connection.

The PC Windows 8

Should i use server program like Filzila or something like that, or can i do without.

I have to do?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

The "connect" you describe is typical. But you left out what exactly you need this server to do.

Before we get into Filezilla, I want to share that last week our office uncovered a laptop running Windows 8. To bring it into the fold we gave it a shot at a W10 upgrade. Huzzah! It worked and we saved 100 bucks on the license. Along with this laptop there was another back on Windows 7 but that failed (not the only one may I add) to upgrade. It appears Microsoft has shutdown the free upgrades from W7 now.

-> I can't guess what you are looking to do exactly but hey, what you noted does "connect." And Filezilla is a known good server but is that what you need?

I want to share files between devices (PC - Scan - Print), So does i need any program to do or just local network settings can done this?

And how if you have a way to done it?

Windows since about Windows 3.1x or WFWG (Windows For WorkGroups) has file and printer sharing capability. What's happened since those days is the Web has a lot of tutorials about this.

You wrote "local network settings can done this?" That's slightly incorrect. Network settings is network settings. Creating file shares is something else. Filezilla is a great way to set up a file share system though. I can't guess if it is the solution you seek due to, well, you haven't quite told what you are expecting.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.