I am not sure if this is the right forum to post, but I'll try, and if it is the wrong one, please move it to the correct forum, but jeez there's a lot of them.

Anyway. . .

A major problem that has been cropping up and came to a head recently deals with him disconnecting me from games/b.net.

Our internet configuration
: We have Comcast Broadband. I plug directly into the cable modem, and my brother gets the internet through the router. My game is WarCraft III, his is CS 1.6 with the hated "Steam."

Our Router: D-Link DSS-5+ 10/100 Ethernet switch. I am unsure if this is the cause of the problem, but it is worth mentioning.

Scenario: I am playing a WarCraft III game. Suddenly, I get the "Disconnect box," and I yell at my brother, and I disconnect.

The trigger to this problem is my brother refreshing his favorite servers and the general master server on steam. I get disconnect from battle.net, or worse if I'm in the middle of an hourlong epic game that I am winning.

I do not know the exact problem, conflict, or whatever. I know that Steam sucks very bad. I don't know if it is ports, but it seems that the Steam's refresh overrules my connection, etc.

I don't know if anyone's forte is video games, but I am trying here because I know there is a lot of smart people.

If you need any more info let me know. Thanks in advance!

Get you a Linksys Broadband Router and both of you connect to the router or wirelessly.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.