Hello all,

Here's one for ya. I've got a WRT54GL Router hooked up to my HP running Win XP Pro sp2 and a WPC54GX Card running on my Toshiba Techra 8100 with 2000sp4. Now the power light strobes while the line light stays light. It recieves my router, good signal and packets, but just doesn't want to send anything out anywhere and I get Cant find server on IE6 and Problem loading page on MFF2. I use ATT Yahoo. I already talked to Linksys and we went through the usual reset the modem and heres the new IP stuff and that didn't work. And I changed the channels and such and names and such. I also have the Wep correct on both ends. So I'm at a loss. Maybe someone out there knows how to fix my trouble. I also just fixed the PC card in the bios so it is on PC Card 16bit now. And now ti's recognized the card and ran it's found new hardware rigaramrou. It set up toshiba topic95 and the ethernet connection and the card. But still the same thing. But now when I make the connection the TCP/IP connection icon disappears.

CH 10 11g; secured wep infrastructure with 4bars at any access point; 54.0 TX rate; 1.0RX rate; 0 tx bytes; 2.09kb rx bytes open auth; wep encytion.

Toshiba Techra 8100; p3 700mhz; 128 ram; 16bit Type2/3 cardbus running windows 2000sp4

Any help would be greatly appreciated. You may contact me at toes1976@sbcglobal.net or AIM toes1976.

Thanks in advance. Getting tired,
shawn

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hello all,

Here's one for ya. I've got a WRT54GL Router hooked up to my HP running Win XP Pro sp2 and a WPC54GX Card running on my Toshiba Techra 8100 with 2000sp4. Now the power light strobes while the line light stays light. It recieves my router, good signal and packets, but just doesn't want to send anything out anywhere and I get Cant find server on IE6 and Problem loading page on MFF2. I use ATT Yahoo. I already talked to Linksys and we went through the usual reset the modem and heres the new IP stuff and that didn't work. And I changed the channels and such and names and such. I also have the Wep correct on both ends. So I'm at a loss. Maybe someone out there knows how to fix my trouble. I also just fixed the PC card in the bios so it is on PC Card 16bit now. And now ti's recognized the card and ran it's found new hardware rigaramrou. It set up toshiba topic95 and the ethernet connection and the card. But still the same thing. But now when I make the connection the TCP/IP connection icon disappears.

CH 10 11g; secured wep infrastructure with 4bars at any access point; 54.0 TX rate; 1.0RX rate; 0 tx bytes; 2.09kb rx bytes open auth; wep encytion.

Toshiba Techra 8100; p3 700mhz; 128 ram; 16bit Type2/3 cardbus running windows 2000sp4

Any help would be greatly appreciated. You may contact me at toes1976@sbcglobal.net or AIM toes1976.

Thanks in advance. Getting tired,
shawn

If I am interpreting what you've written correctly, your modem light strobe's indicating line activity. But the connection point at the wifi-router from the modem isn't strobing - which indicating no activity. Can you connect to the router using its web interface? Have you tried pinging the HP or the Toshiba? Since you're packets are NATed at the router, are you computers IP using the wireless routers DHCP feature? If so are they set static or Dynamic in network connections? Have you tried the useing SecureEasySetup? Anyway let me know.

Good luck, LamaBot

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.