A laptop in my house is not able to browse the web, but is able to connect to my network. I am running Windows XP Home Edition SP2 on that laptop. Other computers on my home network are able to connect wirelessly without problems. I am sure DNS is not the problem: in command prompt, when I type in PING yahoo.com or PING google.com the servers DO respond. I am sure connection is not the problem: when I type in PING <my router IP> the router does respond. Something strange: Even through two walls of my house, the laptop still says it has "excellent" connection at 54 mbps transfer rate, although it could just be great connection. I am sure that a virus is not causing the problem, Avast antivirus comes clean as well as Spybot Search & and Destroy and Ad-Aware. Feel free to ask for more information. Any suggestions? Any more tests that I could run? THANK YOU!!!!! =)

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

try to install another browser (firefox, maxthon) and browse through it.
could be IE acting up

Oh, sorry, I forgot to mention that I am using Firefox 2, but I don't think that should be the problem. I will try to reinstall it though. Sorry!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.