Bottom 1/3 screen is blank, is this a hardware or software issue? How do I find out/

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Bottom 1/3 screen is blank, is this a hardware or software issue? How do I find out/

Thanks

hardware i think ,but you could take to a computer repair shop to find out for sure !

Thanks

Is the problem present during the boot up and is it still present when you hook it up to a crt?

Plug in an external monitor, if the external one works fine, then it is time to swap the LCD screen for a good one. Along both axis of a screen there is a circuit board that generates the signal required to flip the crystals so that they display data. It sounds like there is an interruption in your board. Unfortunately, the only was to diagnose a lot of computer parts is to swap them out with a known good unit. These come cheap on Ebay, that's where I get most of my stuff. I usually choose vendors that have over 1,000 for a rating number and 99.99% positive so that there is some reputability to the vendor. Good luck, and repost with results.

Thanks all for your suggestions. I will take those suggestions and let you know how it works out. Once again, much Thanks!

Woof Woof (dog language for "No problem")

Any idea how this turned out? I have the exact same issue described above, and will attempt to check for loose cables soon. It's too bad these laptops are not built to be more robust.

It's too bad these laptops are not built to be more robust.

the robust ones are much more expensive and are built by another company !

the robust ones are much more expensive and are built by another company !

Haha.. I can believe that!

Greetings All!
My Inspiron 6000 lights up and blacks out; sometimes after an hour or so, or after only 5 minutes. Once gone it has to be rebooted and then may or may not respond. I do keep a 5 lb. sledge close-by, but would like some alternate solutions, please.

Many thanks,

John

Greetings All!
My Inspiron 6000 lights up and blacks out; sometimes after an hour or so, or after only 5 minutes. Once gone it has to be rebooted and then may or may not respond. I do keep a 5 lb. sledge close-by, but would like some alternate solutions, please.

Many thanks,

John

could be overheating ,have you cleaned it lately

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.