My Satellite Pro 6100 just stopped working - there is an orange light blinking continuosly and I can't turn it on or off. Also it does not respond to the power supply being connected (AC adaptor). I do not have a battery pack for it! Help!:cry:

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

dead or alive some laptops need a battery installed to start

There is a design flaw with this model and a there is a class action law suite in the US.

Basically there is a connector between two boards that flexes as you pick up the laptop and move it around. After a while this connector breaks a bit disconnecting two of the main boards in the system. If you take it to an authorized service center they'll tell you to replace the main board.

Toshiba won't admit that this is a problem, but I believe that the law suit is finding in favour of the laptop owners at this point.

I had one and had to replace it. In Canada they haven't had as much success with the law suite but there is a good chance as they will most likely use the US decision as a precedent.

There is a design flaw with this model and a there is a class action law suite in the US.

Basically there is a connector between two boards that flexes as you pick up the laptop and move it around. After a while this connector breaks a bit disconnecting two of the main boards in the system. If you take it to an authorized service center they'll tell you to replace the main board.

Toshiba won't admit that this is a problem, but I believe that the law suit is finding in favour of the laptop owners at this point.

I had one and had to replace it. In Canada they haven't had as much success with the law suite but there is a good chance as they will most likely use the US decision as a precedent.

Thank-you for this information! I actually got my laptop to resume working by taking the battery out and putting it back in! Do you know where I can find more info. on the lawsuit?

old threads never die!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.