nmakes 0 Light Poster

What do AMD's piledrivers do? Increase threading etc?

Lately I was doing a lot of research on AMD FX 8350. It says 4.0 GHz 8 cores. So does that mean that at most, I can get 8x4 = 32GHz, without any overclocking or turbo thing? That would seriously be superfast.

But in many forums I found out that it actually has 4 cores and it just has double the threads. So it is actually not an 8 core processor. So, what does that mean? It can execute double the instructions at one go?

I know that at one time all 8 cores will not be used. So can I make 2 cores process my graphics and the rest do their own job like a 6 core processor?

I was thinking of getting Gigabyte AMD/ATI Radeon 6670 2 GB graphics card. So, if I could combine the labour of those 2 cores with this graphics card, can I run Crysis 3 at ultra settings without any lag?

Is it good to go for AMD FX 8350? Is it future proof? If I have this configuration:

AMD FX 8350 4.0 GHz
Gigabyte ATI Radeon 6670 (2GB)
Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM (1x8)
ASUS M5A78L-M LX V2 motherboard
Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD
ASUS DRW-24D3ST DVD Burner internal Optical Drive
Cooler Master Elite 310 Cabinet
Cooler Master Thunder 500W PSU

IS THIS FUTURE PROOF FOR LIKE 6 YEARS?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.