For those of you who have done/doing a module in Artificial Intelligence, can you please give your opinion on the module overall. Im thinking about taking it, but I also must take Theoretical Computing, so Im guessing the work load is going to be huge!
Also wondering what software you used while taking the module? and any basic fundamental stuff required to learn? Not like C++, but basics you learn while taking the module, such as certain algorithms etc.

Thankyou

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

If you're trying to optimise your courses based solely on minimising the workload, then you're on the wrong course, and in the wrong place.

Job interview:
Q: What motivated you to choose these courses?
Your A: I'm lazy, so I picked the ones with the least workload.
That'll go down well.

If you're going to pick courses, pick ones you have some modicum of ability in, and which interest you.

> Also wondering what software you used while taking the module? and any basic fundamental stuff required to learn?
Ask the tutor, and ask the tutor.
Like anyone here has any clue as to which course / college you're actually attending to give a meaningful answer.

Soz i should have mentioned I must take the 4 compulsory modules an then choose 1 other module but there is also a free optional slot. When taking A.I you must also use up the free slot as well to take Theoretic computing, and to make thing harder these are both in the 2nd semester, when usually one subject is in the 1st semester and the other in the 2nd. So yeah go troll elsewhere.

also "If you're going to pick courses, pick ones you have some modicum of ability in, and which interest you." - no shit

Don't be such a baby about the answers you get, and what the fuck does "Soz" mean.

You will probably learn 10% of AI in a semester , they may teach you Lisp, I had taken the course , go ahead , it is cool.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.