Hello all

In my studies next year, I'm gonna be taking AI as one of my courses, and as one of the requirements we must create an intelligent agent/multi agent simulation.

I was wondering if anyone has any cool ideas that I could try out. It's something that must be doable in about 3-4 months, while I have other courses and tests etc. At the moment I'm considering doing a simulation of hide-and-seek, but I'd like some other ideas to throw around.

Thanks in advance
M

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

> At the moment I'm considering doing a simulation of hide-and-seek
Well I suppose I could hide my answers to this kind of question all over the forum, and you could write some AI bot to seek them out.

commented: Nice reply :) +22

Well I suppose text analysis looking for specific patterns is interesting lol

You could simulate some sort of community of simple creatures (like ants or bees.) The creatures would need food to survive, and would need to reproduce .etc Interactions between the creatures could communicate location of food and shelter. For fun, you could add in some sort of fighting mechanism where opposing communities could conflict. : )

commented: Great idea, but sadly futile +36

That is a very interesting idea, problem is I don't want to go into it because one of other courses is going to be on swarm algorithms like that.. It is very interesting but I don;t want to start mixing the scope of two different courses.

And thusly, it was demonstrated the utter futility in trying to offer up suggestions for projects.

No matter what is suggested, there's always some weasel response like "too hard, haven't covered it, it's next week, can you explain more yada yada yada".

It's your course, you figure it out.

If nothing on any of the courses you've been on so far has piquing your interest, then you're on the wrong program bub.

Decide for yourself whether you want to be a creator of a new world, or just another seat warmer in a cube farm.
Pass this test, and you're on the road to the former. Fail it, and well you can guess the rest.

Fail it, and well you can guess the rest.

Fail it and you're on the road to having nothing to do with your life other than moaning at people on Daniweb about their futures?

Fail it and you're on the road to having nothing to do with your life other than moaning at people on Daniweb about their futures?

So what exactly are you doing here? :)

commented: ROFL :D +36
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.