hello,
Dijkstra's algorithm is it more like greedy search or more like A* or none.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

i post questions here so i can get some scientific feedback from peers who are in the same technology.
unfortunately i made this mistake yet again & i asked here expecting some normal people. it seems this forum is just filled with fcktard heads like you. your only a stupid fool who duno shyt about anything i asked trying to answer stupidly like your knowledge level, just go get a life or f* yourself

commented: By making this post, you're now part of our club of "fcktard heads". -2

check the tag cloud for your profile, it implies a troll that is thinking of suicide:

behaviour cheating clueless evaluation givemetehcode givemetehcodez homework impatient lazy operator precedence spammer spoonfeeding student undefined

if people pick on you in school or your family molests you then don't come and act tough on the internet because in real life your just a loser & you know it.

commented: You tell him! Now the helpful people will flock to answer your question! :) -2
commented: Family is not fair game, especially an assertion like that -1

The strange thing is, you only seem capable of generating meaningful sentences when you're mouthing off about how the universe is so unfriendly to you.

The dribble you laughingly call "questions" pale by comparison.

We only give homework help to those who show effort
You got an answer which took as much thought as you put into your question (in other words, bugger all).

Now, if you want to engage on a serious level, then show that you've done some actual work (like citing references and asking specific questions). A good example would be finding two sources which apparently contradict one another.

OK, let's try this again

You:
hello,
Dijkstra's algorithm is it more like greedy search or more like A* or none.
Thanks

Me:
It's most like A*

Do you?
a) feel smug that you got an answer on a plate - spoon-fed style (since you like quoting my cloud), and run off to teacher like some puppy with a new bone.
b) actually get off your lazy ass and check my answer.

It might be the right answer - who knows (well you wouldn't) - but that's just pure dumb luck.

For pith questions like yours, I have been known to make up entirely plausible (yet completely wrong) answers just to see what would happen next.

You see, I have a vested interest in making sure the lazy and the stupid fail at their exams. The reason is quite simple, I have NO interest in having them working beside me in a few years time. Been there, done that, and got a whole wardrobe of t-shirts to match.

commented: Well said. +8

@raymyster as your warning state

Do not troll by posting anything with malicious intent against another member (including, but not limited to, racist, sexist or religiously prejudiced remarks).

As already salem stated "We only give homework help to those who show effort". You may feel that he has no right to reply you in that way, but what you expect if you drop out of blue a question on the forum with such poor description. salem pinching reply to you doesn't give you right go on trolling and swearing around (fortunately picked by our system).

So if you wish to continue this discussion I suggest you specify more closely what you want to know and do not expect that people will spoon feed you with result of their research. This is your homework and you better show some initiative, for example by running search on Scholar Google

@raymyster:
These are posts written by you:

i post questions here so i can get some scientific feedback from peers who are in the same technology.
unfortunately i made this mistake yet again & i asked here expecting some normal people. it seems this forum is just filled with fcktard heads like you. your only a stupid fool who duno shyt about anything i asked trying to answer stupidly like your knowledge level, just go get a life or f* yourself

check the tag cloud for your profile, it implies a troll that is thinking of suicide:

behaviour cheating clueless evaluation givemetehcode givemetehcodez homework impatient lazy operator precedence spammer spoonfeeding student undefined

if people pick on you in school or your family molests you then don't come and act tough on the internet because in real life your just a loser & you know it.

This is a quote from the forum rules of your own "forum":

b) Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning. No racism, No religious talk, No sectarian debates.

(Source: Your Programming Community: http://www.coderisland.com)

Every forum has a rule like that one, here's Daniweb's equivalent:

Do not troll by posting anything with malicious intent against another member (including, but not limited to, racist, sexist or religiously prejudiced remarks).

@raymyster:
You as a forum administrator are expecting other people to follow your forum rules, but on the other hand you don't follow the member rules imposed by Daniweb, how a bad forum administrator can you be?

tux4life no point to fuel this, if raymyster seen his behaviour as wrong he would have apologise. Make conclusion out of that...

Hi guys,

sorry for late reply.
@Salem: you said homework? how did you know that this is a homework? do you think a guy with BS in computer science graduated last year still does homework?
Just to put the dots on the I's, i was looking for opinion & feedback from fellow scientists (discussion), it's not like i told you :"hey i have a homework doing A* can you program it & post it here?"
You had no right to address me or anyone who come to this forum like that, if you don't want to help just don't, people/students or anyone who might come to ask here should not be addressed with your kind of behavior cause that is just humanly wrong.
As for the trolling & B*'ing at you then i apologize and wanted to get you pissed off.

@tux4life , your right & yet again i apologize for my behavior

@peter_budo , as i mentioned this is not a homework. So i hope you wll know why i went furious, also if you search the forum history, this is not the first time this has happened here.

Here is my *partial* answer:

A* - Dijkstra's = H(x)
commented: scientific +0

Here is my *partial* answer:

A* - Dijkstra's = H(x)

Hello 0x69,

Thank you for the scientific help :)

i was reading earlier today it seems the only difference is as you brought it up the heuristic, as the Dijkstra only calculates the cost of the path with no heuristic which is g(x) instead of f(x) = h(x) + g(x)

that is interesting, but then again Dijkstra is week in it's sense it is more like greedy best first search then because both involve no heuristic & only rely on the path cost, but it seems that Dijkstra algorithm can really get the best path unlike the blind search that is performed by the greedy search.

Thanks again.

Cheers! Actually to be really objective, we need to define on what parameters we are comparing these 3 algorithms... Basically it can be two parameters - time complexity and robustness. Time complexity of these algorithms we can extract from www, or just make some PC experiment by varying input sizes. Robustness - is a different kind of beast. In some cases it can be defined as probability of error. Maybe in this case we can define algorithm robustness as probability that shortest path will fall into some confidence level (compared with best path) under injected noise of input data with standard deviation dx. So that we can plot chart something like Probability_of_error = function(input_data_noise_stddev) . This is one idea of measuring robustness of algorithm. So these are additional ideas for your experiments.

Good luck.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.