http://www.actionmachinepro.com/

It has a nice UI and uses simple timers and classes for creating tasks (or so it seems)

What do you think it was coded in?
And how long do you think it would take to make something similar to it?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Oh my. That's one ridiculous infomercial website.

What do you think it was coded in?

If you take the time to read the page, it's right there in the middle of his sales pitch: "...all the software I develop is created using Adobe Flash."

And how long do you think it would take to make something similar to it?

IMO, it wouldn't take very long. The application is neither large nor complex. Mr. Ken Reno is claiming 5 days from concept to version 1.0, and another 19 to get from there to 2.0, and I don't get the impression that he's any kind of lightning-fast software genius. A couple of weeks should be plenty of time, even for a lone developer. I would also expect most of that time would be spent on design and requirements-like activities--actual coding would be very quick.

commented: Great answer! Everything I asked was answered! +1

Gusano, you are awesome my friend. Thank you very much for your response. So this must be coded in Actionscript 3.0.

Great to know - thanks!

P.S. Do you know any coding in AS3?

P.S. Do you know any coding in AS3?

I haven't worked much with ActionScript 3. The last time I worked with Flash it was AS2, which has more than a few weird warts and non-compliant "features"... but I gather that AS3 is a complete overhaul that among other things is supposed to be 100% compliant with ECMAScript 4th edition.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.