According to Walter E. Trabbold, controller of the Bank of Delaware, "We have defined it [development of management information systems] in terms of six subsystems.'' These are:

a. Development of a central (customer information) file.

b. Computerization of all operations: demand deposits, savings, commercial loans, mortgage loans, investments, and clubs.

c. Integrated accounting subsystem to meet reporting requirements of management, stock¬holders, and regulatory agencies; this includes general ledger, cost, budgeting, and statistical information.

d. A reporting subsystem in two parts: standard reports and exception reports.

e. An on-line inquiry subsystem to provide management with current operating and marketing information.

f. A sophisticated model of the entire business system.

For a bank considering installation of a total management information system, draw a block diagram of the conceptual design to represent the subsystems listed and their relationships.

(Hi all help me on this to develop a flow chart cauz i have no idea of how to work on this)

tanx a lot...........

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Google flowchart tutorial... And I'm just guessing by how you type, you probably haven't even fully read and understood the question.

Can you show us what you have done so far?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.