It must represent a point in the Cartesian plane

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

If you don't already know how to do this it's probably because:

1. You skipped class
  2. You attended class but slept through it
  3. You couldn't be bothered to read your notes or the textbook
  4. You don't know how to use Google

If any of the above are true you should consider dropping the course. At the very least you feel entitled to an answer that you could get on your own with marginally more effort than it took to post what isn't even a complete question.

commented: If you don't have anything nice to say ... +0

This is a very incomplete question. I'd write more but don't want to insult anyone today.

There's no such thing as a dumb question, and I would like to think that we were a friendly community where people shouldn't be scared to post here in fear of being completely insulted or offended. So, for that, Mr_154, I apologize that this was your first impression of our community.

What was said to you, albeit in a very nasty way, was that you need to help us to help you. For example, what programming language is this assignment in? C++? Java? Python?

Let's assume java. You can do something such as:

public class MyPoint
{
    // These private class variables can only be accessed by methods of the class
    private int xCoordinate;
    private int yCoordinate;

// This constructor method lets you set initial values for a MyPoint object
    public MyPoint(int x, int y)
    {
        // Set the value passed in to the x value of the MyPoint object
        this.xCoordinate = x;

// Set the value passed in to the y value of the MyPoint object
        this.yCoordinate = y;
    }
}

Good luck!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.