Hi,

I wanted to find out, which are the best-selling and most useful books on Oracle DBA, Development and applications.

I request Daniweb members and other experts to pitch in their opinions with

1> Best Book for the Oracle DBA,
2> Best Book for Oracle developers,
3> Best Book for Oracle Applications (EBS),

you might feel that different books are suitable for different needs and that's exactly why I thought of such a thread. With so many "junks" flooding the market, I think this thread can become a good guide.

I personally feel The complete reference books for oracle database is all one needs while in my limited Forms development experience Prentice Halls's Oracle Forms Developer's Handbook was very useful.

My Apps DBA friend tells me that Oracle 11i E-Business Suite from the Front Lines is a handy book for system administration, while in all my work I regularly refer Oracle's user and implementation guides for various modules.

Let's see what other's say.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

i can say the copmpete reference from oracle press covers everything but nothing in details.

Very helpful analogy.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/3158842/Oracle-10g-Database-Administration-Concepts-Implementation-Made-Simple-

Hi,

I wanted to find out, which are the best-selling and most useful books on Oracle DBA, Development and applications.

I request Daniweb members and other experts to pitch in their opinions with

1> Best Book for the Oracle DBA, 2> Best Book for Oracle developers, 3> Best Book for Oracle Applications (EBS),

you might feel that different books are suitable for different needs and that's exactly why I thought of such a thread. With so many "junks" flooding the market, I think this thread can become a good guide.

I personally feel The complete reference books for oracle database is all one needs while in my limited Forms development experience Prentice Halls's Oracle Forms Developer's Handbook was very useful.

My Apps DBA friend tells me that Oracle 11i E-Business Suite from the Front Lines is a handy book for system administration, while in all my work I regularly refer Oracle's user and implementation guides for various modules.

Let's see what other's say.

Expert Oracle Database Architecture is the first of a three-book series that completely explores and defines the Oracle database. It covers all of the most important Oracle architecture features, including:
Files, memory structures and processes
Locking and latching
Transactions, concurrency and multi-versioning .

Could you guys post links to these books?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.