Hello,

I've just migrated a website built with asp and MsSQL to a new server. The old server used MsSQL 2000 nd the new one uses MsSQL 2005. I know the database became slightly corrupted when it was uploaded.

I was just wondering if anyone could tell whether the varchar to datetime error is likely to be caused by the database being corrupted of because the database is now using MSSQL 2005 instead of 2000.

I should also point out that I didn't design the website and my knowledge of asp and MSSQL is quite limited.

Cheers for any help.

It's working now. I have no idea how though i think it was something to do with the database being corrupted. It wasn't so much solved as left alone until it worked.

OK, it's gone wrong again. For some reason the website only works when american and english dates are the same. So it worked fine on friday because that was the 10/10/2008. It also works on the 11/10/2008 and 12/10/2008 but not 13/10/2008. The database is set up to use english dates as is the website.

However the website is located on an american server. I thought that a date on a pc was stored as the number of seconds since a certain date and therefore it shouldn't matter where the server was located. But it seems that it does.

Does anyone know where the error is likely to be occuring? If it's the website that's causing the error, what should i be looking for?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.