Hi,
I'm new to SQL Server. I just installed SQL Server 2008 Express. Then I opened Management Studio, right clicked on Database and created a new Database. Then I expanded Database, right clicked on Table and created a new Table. Now, my question is, how do I add data to the table I created?

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

right click on table then open table, write data row by row
or you can add data from application using ADO.NET

Member Avatar for Geek-Master

Hi,
I'm new to SQL Server. I just installed SQL Server 2008 Express. Then I opened Management Studio, right clicked on Database and created a new Database. Then I expanded Database, right clicked on Table and created a new Table. Now, my question is, how do I add data to the table I created?

Thanks

If you have any basic questions, most of them can be answered by reading SQL Server's Books Online at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms130214.aspx. This is a must have for anyone working with MS SQL Server.

Also another great tip when using Management Studio is pressing F1 will take you directly to some information about the screen you are working in. Try this out, open up a new query by clicking on the button at the top right called "New Query" and type this code

SELECT * FROM TableA

The script probably will not run, unless you actually have a table called "TableA." But for our purposes of testing out the F1 function we can still use this script. Once you have written the code above into a new query window, highlight the word "SELECT" and press F1. A new window will pop up with information about the SELECT command. The same thing can be performed on the word "FROM" and the character "*" which is a wild card that means everything basically. Try it out.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.