jester42002 0 Newbie Poster

I have been a member for some time just watching in the background. I work in security but am trying to change my career to computers. I finally got a laptop to explore more.

I decided to jump in and tell my boss his web site sucks and needs a new one. So now I have to build it. I am using Share Point and most of it is cut and paste.

Now it is a small company so I only had to set up about 7 emails and created about 6 pages on the Share Point site including 2 calendars.

I connected the calendars using office outlook so now everyone can see updates on the calendar if you have access to that page.

I pointed the domain to the Share Point only to find you have to log in to see anything. So that didn't work because now you can't google it.

I then added a web hosting portion thus dumping all my emails. I set them up again and they are working fine. Now I have just a basic template as the web site with a log in portal pointer to the Share Point.

I want to put my data base of employee files on line because their is room now for a server! I have a mac and love the look and feel of Bento but I don't think they have a server app. I found it is also compatible with File Maker Pro which does have a server app.

I am not looking for code or for someone to do this for me. I am looking for guidance. I was doing pretty good so far but now I am dealing with other peoples sensitive information. My data base is nice and includes photos of all the guards, address lists, guard card and social security numbers, drivers license numbers, birthdays. I know that Share Point is somewhat secure and I can restrict access to these sensitive items however I am still thinking about encrypting the database or access somehow.

Any suggestions on how I should set up and encrypted data base on Share Point. Or maybe I should use a key to open the data base.