HI,

I have a requirement where I need to compare the data in different database(tables having same structure/schema).

I know manually I can execute the queries in each database, compare the results and it is done. As this execution is repetitive in nature, how I can automate this.

Thanks In Advance
Dev

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hi

what did you already do, are there any sql statements approaching the problem by yourself, tentatively in nature?

-- tesu

Tesuji,

I did not get your message clearly. Could you please let me know what you want to convey me.

Dev

I would write a dynamic TSQL statement(s) to loop through all the sys.tables / sys.columns across the different tables using the EXCEPT clause.

You can read more about it here (which was previously discussed): http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread271165.html

Hi,

I was able to compare the records database through excel based tool. I just wanted to know whether it is possible to query the resultset.

Thanks
Dev

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.