I've recnetly finished building my CSS based website based on Alcohol, whereby I've links like Beer, Wine, Whisky and Spirit.

I now wish to have "Cocktail" link in it, however, in this particular page, I wish to make a use of MySQL along with PHP. Although, I've basic knowledge of MySQL & a rather negligible knowledge of PHP, I reckon the best way I could learn these two further is by working on it practically.

As far as this particular page (Cocktail) is concerned, I'm hoping that this particular page would have a database allowing user to not only browse through hundreds (if not thousands) of cocktails available around the world.

I wonder as how exactly do I kick-off with it & how exactly should I layout my page making it easier to navigate & satisfy different viewers as per their needs, such as:

>> some might just want to browse the whole list;
>> some might just want to browse ONLY cocktails that has "gin";
>> some might just want to browse ONLY cocktails that has "vodka";
>> some might just want to browse ONLY cocktails that has "whisky";
>> some might just want to browse ONLY cocktails that has "rum";

Would anyone who's creative & comfortable with SQL & PHP care to point me in the right direction ???

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.