Hey guys, i was hoping to get some advice on a project i am about to start. basically I have just started learning J2ME, using Netbeans. i have went through few tutorials from Hello World to Pong and completed them working fully. Now my project is something not too difficult I hope what i wanted to do was create a dungeons and dragons type game.

Basically I see my game as a start screen, the user presses start and then the player enters a castle and then there are either 1-4 doors available to walk into one on each side of the screen, the bottom door will always be to take the player to the previous screen.
I have just started the project, but before I even enter any code i was hoping I could get some advice form you guys first. IN each room I hope to have things for teh player to interact with, wether it is a treasure chest, dragon, another human or traps, I have not decided yet.

I was thinking of having a class one for each screen, but many screens means many classes. I am not even sure how to start with the titlescreen as i am completely new to J2ME.

any help would greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

You better get your facts straight...

I am not even sure how to start with the titlescreen as i am completely new to J2ME.

basically I have just started learning J2ME, using Netbeans. i have went through few tutorials from Hello World to Pong and completed them working fully.

YES you do need different rooms, but NO for everything. Obvious you need some sort of AbstractRoom, that can be extended by simple ConnectionRoom with doors to different directions, TreasureRoom, TrapRoom and FightRoom. Well that is at least what I would at least try for start, latter on there is always time for refactoring and abstraction.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.