Hi, I am still learning android and i want to ask some help on how to use the menu in android.I already have edited in the ...res/menu/main_menu.xml...i put it there addition,subtraction,mulitplication...now what i want is that when i am going to launch my application i have a default screen displayed something like this "welcome for my first program" and then when i am going to click the menu button i will see now the addition,subtraction,multiplication...here is the scenario when i am going to click the addition it will display the addition operation having 2 textfields and a compute button.when the user input the first number and second number then by pressing the compute button it will display the answer.I already done this addition operation,but what i want is to use it as menu...how can i call my addition operation when i am going to click in the menu...I hope you can help me on this.

I mean how to use the Options Menu in android,can you help me please.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.