so i want to make a MMO android game, but ive research and cant find what i need.
id be thankful if u guys can point me to some tutorial or something.

I think i need AppWarp?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

This question is impossible for us to answer.
We have no idea about your background or knowledge. We also have no idea what type of "game" you want to write. Are we talking about hangman 2D, or the next level in 3D shooters, but than on a small screen ?

Do you know what you need to create android apps? You'll need to be more specific.

anyway, this MIGHT be a nice link to check. I haven't really checked it myself, but I assume it could come in handy when starting out.

ive Develop a few simple app games, yes, but i have no idea on how to make it online, in a way of MMORPG im talking about "Graal Era Online" style(Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game)
Graal Era > https://youtu.be/ovcoGPRRYOk?t=1m23s

I just want a tutorial on how to do this simple game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6HruWImUhQ

So i can have an idea on how to make my game

This question is impossible for us to answer.
We have no idea about your background or knowledge. We also have no idea what >type of "game" you want to write. Are we talking about hangman 2D, or the >next level in 3D shooters, but than on a small screen ?

Do you know what you need to create android apps? You'll need to be more >specific.

anyway, this MIGHT be a nice link to check. I haven't really checked it >myself, but I assume it could come in handy when starting out.

if you need the kind of material to build a mmorpg (even a small one), a simple tutorial, in my opinion, won't do. You'll need extensive knowledge about networking, concurrency, threading etc.

As for the 'simple game' you linked to on youtube: this is not a game, it's a chat application. This can help you get started.

I understand theres a chat, but i dont want to create a chat i just want to start learning how can a player connects and i can see it in my screen , i understand that its a server/client thing? i have to create a server to interate to client and viseversa?

I dont expect you guys to tell me what to do, just tell me , yes you have to learn about server and client iteration, packets, TCP, UDP etc or if there a simplier way like Appwarp?
Thanks and sorry for my english

Maybe better idea to join some mobile game development forum instead of generic coding forum. I'm Android dev, but I will not able to correctly answer your question as I do not have knowledge of the topic

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.