hi all

I can anyone tel me how to save image in access database.& also hw to access image from database.I don't know how to start.plz reply

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

What version of Access are you using? I believe 2007 is the only version to allow saving an image. You could save the image in a folder and place the image path in the db and pull it that way.

hi all

I can anyone tel me how to save image in access database.& also hw to access image from database.I don't know how to start.plz reply

'===========================
Private Sub KS_SaveImage()
Try
Dim KS_FO As New OpenFileDialog
KS_FO.Title = "Select Image"
KS_FO.Filter = "Images(jpeg)|*.jpeg"
KS_FO.ShowDialog(Me)
' now going to open selected file
Dim KS_FS As New FileStream(KS_FO.FileName, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read, FileShare.Read)
Dim KS_BytesOFfile(KS_FS.Length - 1) As Byte
KS_FS.Read(KS_BytesOFfile, 0, KS_BytesOFfile.Length)
'DB properties
Dim DBpath As String = Application.StartupPath & "\KSimg.mdb"
Dim KS_Con As New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & DBpath)

Dim Sqlstatment As String = "INSERT INTO tblImg ([img],) VALUES (?,?)"

Dim Cmd As New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand(Sqlstatment, KS_Con)
Cmd.Parameters.Add("@Pic", System.Data.OleDb.OleDbType.Binary, KS_FS.Length).Value = KS_BytesOFfile
Cmd.Parameters.Add("@FileSize", System.Data.OleDb.OleDbType.Numeric, 100).Value = KS_BytesOFfile.Length
KS_Con.Open()
Cmd.ExecuteNonQuery()
KS_Con.Close()
Catch ex As Exception
MsgBox(ex.Message)
End Try
End Sub

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.