My client's pc is missing comdlg32.ocx. He recently formatted his hard disk. Due to this my program's installation file is not working and its giving message :

'ComDLG32.ocx or one of its dependencies not correct registered

i dont want the user to type command manually in to register the control (regsvr32)

is there someway i can create a setup file only for this control so it will be automatically registered in his pc??

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I upload this ocx for you.
hope it help...

i dont want the user to type command manually in to register the control (regsvr32)

is there someway i can create a setup file only for this control so it will be automatically registered in his pc??

you can create a ms-dos batch file to accomplish this task.
just supply the comdlg32.ocx file with batch file to ur user's pc. now if the user double clicks the batch file the ocx will be automatically registered.

Mbt925 has already supplied the ocx file for you. now i'm giving you the batch file code. here it is :-

ECHO OFF
CLS
COPY COMDLG32.OCX %SYSTEMROOT%\SYSTEM32\COMDLG32.OCX
REGSVR32 COMDLG32.OCX
ECHO ON

open notepad and copy-paste this into editor. now save the file with .bat extension(select "All Files" from save as type combo inside the save as dialog)

now just double clicking the batch file will do the rest for you. but make sure that the .ocx file and the batch file exist in the same directory.

regards
Shouvik

Sorry but that didnt solve the problem at hand. I realise it has something to do with the Registry itself. Isnt there another way of playing it back for reinstallation. Because the file exists in System32, but when you decide to install it, it fails, isnt there another way of doing it, like a command for installation?

To show the error Mr/Mrs Shouvik, try regsvr32 /u or /i COMDLG32.OCX. If you dont get an error, then that means you dont have the same problem we are facing, because i have the same problem and its not good at all.

Please do not resurrect old threads. This one has been dead for more than five years.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.