Hi all,
m having this java.io.FileNotFoundException: The system cannot find the specified file, although the file is there in the folder.

waiting for some replies,
thanks

What kind of file is it? Are you reading data from a data file and the Java program can't find the data file? Or is it some class file it can't find? From your description it sounds like the former. I assume this is a run time error rather than a compiler error.

Its a text file .....although the required text file is right in the same folder where my java program is.....Is it because I put throw IOException...

Its a text file .....although the required text file is right in the same folder where my java program is.....Is it because I put throw IOException...

I don't know. Maybe you should post your Java file and your text file, if they're not too huge. Might make it easier for us to respond that way. I assume you have a "catch" along with your "throw"?

u were right the problem was at runtime..it got sorted out..thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.