Hi all ,

I'm new to Networking programming in JAVA .I want to send messages across hosts which are in the same Domain without using any Server program .
I'm not clear whether to use UDP or TCP .

Give me some ideas and links which are useful to accomplish this task.

Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

If it is meant to be between multiple hosts simuteneously, then UDP to a multicast address over multicast enabled network interfaces.

Edit: If you need to be absolutely certain that every message is received, then TCP.

well, he's out of luck.
His requirements say he can't write a program to act as a server, which means he can't write anything that sends information to other systems either in a request/response or push paradigm :)

Thanks to masijade and jwenting for their replies . I might not stated the problem clearly. so
this is what I have to do:

When I send a message from one host to another it should appear as a popup in the destination host.In the sender program I will just say the hostname and the message that I want to display in that machine as a popup.

Thanks in advance

quite clear. And what you want to do is at the least annoying and may well be illegal.

So we're not going to help you with it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.