i hav taken distributed database as my final year project in which i hav 2 use keyword search in the relations . this im doing using java rmi....i m not getting the right kind of schema...kindly help me out by giving sum idea where keyword search can b applied on distributed database..

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

next time think about the topic BEFORE you submit your proposal.

I hav started implementing the system but the main problem i m facing is that at one time java rmi can send a message only to on object as we specify the static ip address of the server at the client side. is there any method in which we can dynamically allocate the addresss of different servers at the client side depending upon the query thrown??

You'd need an RMI context to each of those servers, and a mapping deciding which server to go to.

You'd need an RMI context to each of those servers, and a mapping deciding which server to go to.

thanks....
so should i maintain a table at the client side that will contain all the ip addresses.....bt i hav to make each machine a client as wel as server so shoud i keep the table at all nodes??

thank....
this means that i hav to keep a ip address mapping table at the client side which will dynamically be invoked according to the query thrown....and as each of my machine is acting as a client as well as server i hav to keep it at every node??

you need a mapping of RMI services to request types.

thanks....
so should i maintain a table at the client side that will contain all the ip addresses.....bt i hav to make each machine a client as wel as server so shoud i keep the table at all nodes??

thanks a lot...
I will try implementing that....

i have almost finished my distributed database project implementation using java rmi. it was running fine on my machine but wen i started running on other computers it gave an error message at client side that "RMInotBound Exception"

how to get rid of this.. i tried everything but in vain....
kindly help me..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.