guys! i realy need your help! i have this big problem of how to convert hex to decmal. theoreticaly it is very easy but the problem is that in assembly, everything is done in hex example if u add 10d+10d, assembly will add it as Ah+Ah = 14h. thats where the problem comes in! how do i display 20 and not 14h?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Do you know how to convert a hexadecimal value to decimal on paper? That's the first step, then you can convert the paper algorithm into something better suited for assembly.

guys! i realy need your help! i have this big problem of how to convert hex to decmal. theoreticaly it is very easy but the problem is that in assembly, everything is done in hex example if u add 10d+10d, assembly will add it as Ah+Ah = 14h. thats where the problem comes in! how do i display 20 and not 14h?

If you get value in some register let ax ,divide it by mov bx,0xa
divide ax by bx the remainder will be in dx,take this and store at last index of memeory that you will use,and loop will run 4 time or till that ax becomes zero finally result will be in memory.
Try this it.s so easy.............

;try this

;try this one too - it takes two numbers in ascii, converts them to hex ;and adds them together, then it converts the result to ascii and ;displays it in MessageBox

Nice solutions guys but the question was posted about 8 months ago.... I hope he's figured out the solution by now.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.