if anyone can help me i need to create a JFrame that displays two text areas (JTextArea) in a grid layout (1 row, 2 columns), am not asking someone to do it for me but if anyone can help me with basics of JFrame that would be helpful thx

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

woow i cant believe i didnt thought of that , thx Ezzaral the tutorial is very helpful

This is another good source for small code snippets demonstrating all kinds of things in Java:
http://www.exampledepot.com/index.html

It only covers Java 1.4, so newer language features in 1.5 and 1.6 will be missing, but most of it is still very relevant.

thx man that is really nice source ,well i got another question about a method that i am writing now well the method should check if a string is starts with a capital letter or number and the rest of the string is number the method should return true else should be false ..that wht i wrote but it not workin right :S i dont know why ..any idea ?

private static boolean isValidRoomNumber(String text) 
   {
        StringTokenizer st = new StringTokenizer(text,"|");
            String bu = st.nextToken();  
            String ro = st.nextToken();
            int si = Integer.parseInt(st.nextToken()); 

char chr =text.charAt(0);
    boolean test1=Character.isUpperCase(chr);
    boolean test2=Character.isDigit(chr);

if(test1==true || test2==true)
        {
        for (int i = 1;i < text.length();i++) 
            {
        if(Character.isDigit(text.charAt(i))==true)

}//for
        }//if
        return true;
        else
            return false;
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.