hello i was trying 2create crystal reports but they dont work for some silly reason is there any other way reports can be created?? any ideas linking vb.net 2 access 2run reports

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

show us the effort :)

what u mean show us the effort im asking for ideas no asking for you to do the work, ive tried crystal but dont work as its the older verison and requires 127 chars

who said i want to do this work for u??

but they dont work for some silly reason

i just want to know why it cannot work..

I have been using Crystal Report 9 and now evaluating Crystal Report 2008. Both works fine and generates reports even from older databases such as Informix. Please show us some sort of effort, meaning why did your reporting didn't work? Did you get any error messages? Did you created a connection to the database? Did you select tables while desinging a new report?.....

You have to tell us what went wrong and where before we even help you.

Yes you can create reports using VB but that needs a programing.

You can use other methods (Tools) such as InetSoft Style, Datavision, Altova, IBM Cognos etc to generate reports.

Hope this helps and hope you help us by explaining your exact problem.

Regards

Jay

it says "buffer too small for string or missing null byte", this is when i run the program im using vb.net and going on to add windows form and then crystal reports and connecting it 2 access 2003 thanks

im creating system using vb express edition 2008 and now in the step of creating the report.
but i am confused as i dont know which way to use.
is it crystal report?
if so, do i need to download the CR first?

Hi dear am kassandra, am a kind of need a help on source code on online examination using VB.NET programming language. plzz it urgnt, is project topic.

hello i was trying 2create crystal reports but they dont work for some silly reason is there any other way reports can be created?? any ideas linking vb.net 2 access 2run reports

use dataset, report wizard, and report viewer i guess, want to know?? but you 2 years early from me.. :D

Use the Report Viewer To create the Report. click on > sign and than click on Design new report. Add the data source e.g customerbindingsource and choose your field name which you want to display on the screen and you are done

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.